Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, February 22, 2007

It's in the air

A few days after Denver failed to break the record of consecutive days with snow on the ground, it's starting to take shape.

You can see it all around. Before Tuesday, we had dealt with snow cover for 61 days. Sixty-one long days with some version of the elements on the sidewalks -- be it slush, ice, snow or a mix thereof -- and it wasn't always fun walking a mile each day when I come to work.

But the past couple of days when I made that short trip on foot, I saw more and more people getting brave with their wardrobes. Shorts. Flip flops. Skirts. Capris. Strappy, open-toe pumps. No coats. No hats. No gloves. No scarves.

At last, spring is in the air!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had my window open pretty much all day, but then the fumes from the tractors working on our yard started to get to me, and just as i went to close the window, I still felt that slight chill that the evening brings. almost...almost.