Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Considering

After discussing cloth diapering with C. and doing lots of online research, here's what we've been considering (as of now, in order of approval).



We wouldn't use cloth exclusively -- think day trips, vacations, sitters, etc. -- but the thought of tossing even one disposable diaper into the trash makes me wince. One throwaway takes 500 years to decompose. Disposable diapers also are the third most frequent item in our landfills.

The pros I've learned of with cloth diapering? Fewer infections and quicker toilet training. Suddenly, this is something I'm very passionate about!





Also, here are a few things I have bought or received for the little guy.



Little pjs with Pooh and Piglet on them, and an outfit for next summer from Michelle.




"Perfect" onesie and some terry-like footed pjs, bought on clearance at Kohls.




Some bigger clothes I bought for next year. I love the whale onesie, and the raincoat makes me smile.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Hola, My chica-

Yay for cloth diapering! Check out MotherEase Diapers (google them, cause I don't remember the website address)-They do a onesize diaper that fits from 8-35 lbs...They are what I am planning on using, and several bargain books have rated them as the best, as well as a friend of mine, who has cloth diapered all three of her boys. Or check out Kissaluv's, which are also supposed to be good. Thinking of ya-How are you doing? LOVE the little clothes you got for him.....Started coming up with any names yet?

Anonymous said...

I have heard sooo much about cloth diapering ever since being on the OD Boards. all about Fuzzibuns and Kissaluvs and bumGenious...

there's a post on there with a lot of information but ya gotta be a member of OD, else I'd give you the link. Haha anyways so the clothes are just too adoreable, that little rain coat? OMG! Hah. take care!

Steph said...

Hi!!! Glad to hear you are considering cloth diapering. I never did, but you can make up for all the CRAP (literally!) that we are putting in the landfills. Wish I had an excuse...

The clothes are adorable! I am finally getting used to shopping for boys...not quite as easy to find the cute boy stuff (of course, all newborn stuff is cute!), but it is definitely out there!!! Old Navy & GAP are my faves. Speaking of clothes, I have a brand new, tags on outfit to give you. My aunt waited until Logan was 6 months old to send him a size 6-9 months, by which time he was already in 12 months! So as soon as I see you I will bring it.

P.S. Sorry to confuse you, but this is Stephanie Williams...my Blogger name is also "Steph"! :)

Josephine said...

Steph, you are so sweet about the outfit. I can't believe I've got 3 Stephs posting on here. :-) So Logan is growing like a weed? We need to do our twice-yearly coffee get together. I imagine it will only get harder when I've got a stroller!! I just went to Old Navy & The Gap yesterday (just browsed, though).

Anonymous said...

So what is wrong with the way you were diapered??? You in your damn huggies was too cute. I think you should do what you need to do. LOL

No really, if you can stand the diapers sitting around the house while waiting for the service to come and pick them up (at least it will mostly be over the cold months) eeewwww. Than go with the cloth diapers. Lisa was in cloth diapers and I think that the boys were too. It would be more comfortable and you could use them later as a quilt LMAO

Anonymous said...

i was re-reading this entry and remembered that i saw a thing for a these G Diapers and they're not cloth nor are they disposeable. but just visit the link and you'll see the difference. Watch the "watch them break down" video, it's really amazing. Anyways, i changed my name to sephers for your convenience, since you have three steph's posting haha. take care, luv ya!!