Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Reunion

People change. People stay the same.

It was on Saturday afternoon when this reality hit me. I was at a wedding at my old church, which since has been gutted to create a reception hall beside its massive new worship structure.

I saw old friends, old acquaintances. New hairstyles. Old hairstyles. New babies. Laughter reminiscent of my younger days brought a hint of a smile to my face. Women stood in the flesh that previously housed eager little girls. Boys had become men.

And after nearly eight years have passed, some things just stay the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing. It was amazing to see everyone again. It was so great talking about old times and catching up on the new.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely detest people I haven't seen for quite some time. They . . . don't complete me.