I've been hemming and hawing for the past six weeks about buying one, yet these are the scenarios that have been brewing in my brain.
- ...my eyes will pop out of their sockets after seeing the first bill.
- ...I will spend way too much time playing with it. As it is, our phones are a huge attraction to B. Don't need to teach him it's a grown-up's toy he has to have.
- ...I will need/want to have new software for the iBook in order to use all functions of the iPhone properly.
- ...I will need/want a new computer for the same reasons. We've been dying for a new computer. After all, the iBook is 5+ years old. Don't need a reason pushing us into that one.
- ...I will drop it/break it/lose it or something equally mortifying.
- ...I won't like it or will want my old phone back.
- ...I will want out of my cell phone contract sooner than 2 years from now. We all know what life was like before cell phones, but just a few years back, I went without one for an extended period by choice. I liked it. Life seemed less complicated. Also, things happen. What quicker way to trim the fat from your budget than to get rid of a phone? (For those of you saying, "What about an emergency?", I've never needed my cell nor have I been in a situation where someone didn't have a phone I could use.)
- ...we'll end up buying two, even though C. likes to keep it simple.
- ...I'll wish I would have stowed that extra money in B.'s college fund or even bought him a fun new toy, or clothes, or saved all the monthly fees for a family vacation.