Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's coming

It was there. I could feel it. Warm breezes. Hot sun warming the back of my neck. Fresh, crisp air. It has been in the mid-60s and we haven't seen freezing temperatures since last week.

Spring is knocking.

With the windows and doors flung open, I did my own version of early spring cleaning (including rearranging some furniture) with some help from Mom on Friday. We shook rugs, we scrubbed, we dusted, we vacuumed. We walked on fluffy carpet and tidy floors when we were done. But something drew me back into the not-so-fun times of winter.

It was subtle. A cough. A sneeze. A little catch in my voice. Ears plugged up. Rats. I am getting sick. I downed some OJ, got plenty of rest this weekend (like staying in my PJs until 6:30 Saturday night) and my hope is to fight this crap off before it knocks me down.

Many of my friends and colleagues have not been so lucky. Hope they all get well soon.

No comments: