Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, May 25, 2006

PANcakes!

PANcakes...that is what one youth touring Sea World was so adamant about earlier this week.

This young girl of about 7 years who was accompanied by at least 30 of her peers while, I assumed, on a field trip to the sunny San Diego, Calif., hot spot was carefully tip-toeing along the narrow curb separating the walkway from the grass and flowers adjacent to an exhibit. A little farther down, a maintenance crewmember was digging around a sprinkler head, the sharp blade of of the shovel tearing into the moist grass, exposing the cool, dark earth beneath.

I'm almost certain what he heard next. The volume was rising, and suddenly ...

"...PANcakes!!!" The girl shouted, piercing our ears and I'm sure the still-growing drums of her playmates.

Our guess is she wanted her point to be known. The children around her were telling their stories, and each child chimed in at a slightly louder pitch until all we heard was something to make us hungry for breakfast.

Mmmm. Pancakes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do they just have to be for breakfast? Heh. I love pancakes, but i think i'm more fond of waffles. anywhoot. talk at you later!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, why should we eat pancakes just for breakfast? To be quite honest, pancakes for breakfast kind of make me sick. I'd rather eat them for dinner. Now I want Pancakes. Ugh.

Josephine said...

The only right way to eat pancakes is slathered with peanut butter and covered in maple syrup. Yummmmm....