Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Monday, July 24, 2006

My passion

I've been trying to be much more proactive about the environment lately, so this is the perfect spot for me to share. So many things in our daily lives can be changed, and they can be as simple as changing a light bulb. Keeping your vehicle's tires properly inflated. Buying organic. Recycling. (It's not that hard, people!)

In the midst of my own life changes, I watched an Oprah show (Global Warming 101: Leonardo DiCaprio's Big Problem) that I figured could help me get out the word. We all don't have to go out and upgrade our cars to energy-efficient hybrids, exchange our appliances for those with an Energy Star approval or install solar panels to our houses. (But if you want to, go for it!)

There are so many small "tips" in order to decrease how much greenhouse gas YOU emit. Exchange your light bulbs in your house for CFLs. They last longer. Unplug your TV or computer when you leave the house. Clean the lint screen in your clothes dryer. See? It's easy.

A friend of mine also discovered a very helpful Web site called Ideal Bite. If you ever needed a reason to buy an iPod, here's one. One tip reads, "Eliminate the need for the resource-intensive process of production, packaging and distribution of CD's!"

But seriously, I've kept myself busy trying to implement these quick and easy tips into my own live/home/environment. You should, too.

No comments: