Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, February 29, 2008

Terrified

I'm suddenly scared that B.'s inching so close to turning 4 months old (only nine days now).

I am also shaking in fear over this little phrase: 4-month sleep regression.

I found this link through a friend's Web site, and my issue is clear.

B. is sleeping through the night. Well. He has about one or two nights a week -- max -- where he'll wake up. Once. It's usually a quick fix and either C. or I am back in bed in 20 minutes. We're never awake more than an hour. On average, he's going to bed between 10 and 11 at night and waking up about 7 or 8.

We don't have bags under our eyes and are nowhere near the sleep-deprivation state we were in just after birth. This is real.

I'm hoping the so-called regression is not.

P.S. I realized I just jinxed myself for patting B., C. and myself on the back for all the Zs being had in our household and I'll be subjected to inconsolable late-night fits for the next century. Shame on me.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I have my fingers crossed for ya! We did *not* encounter any setbacks, so hope you don't either!

JMMercier said...

Psst! Mason slept through the night from the age of two months. No setbacks, either. Good luck...I probably just jinxed myself...He'll be up all night tonight, huh?