Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Detour

It took me 45 minutes to get home last night. I left just after midnight.

There were four cones blocking the onramp to Interstate 70 just by the National Western Stock Show. I didn't know how to get around, so I figured I'd wing it. Well, after sputtering through Globeville (someplace that looks scary at 12:30 a.m. when you're all alone in your car, hoping you don't run over a nail and need to do a quick tire change), I finally ran into the Commerce City refinery. No through streets around there. I went back the way I came, a good 15 minutes of back tracking.

I found the exit I needed, but it was almost 1 when I got home. And my trip is typically 20 minutes one way. So much for avoiding "traffic" by commuting at night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Dear!! You know, my godsister and i got lost on ONE street one time when we had to go to southwest denver to pick up her uncle....uhm Hamden or something like that...that street was EVERYWHERE...there was like eighty of them, no kidding, and it was at night so that didn't help. we finally found our way (luckily, or else we still might be driving around ya know). Take care.

Jess said...

Globeville is easy to get lost in but I promise it's not too scary (we live here :) )