Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I can't walk today . . .

...and my arms are like wet noodles, but I started my yoga practice again last night. I began practicing about eight years ago, and it always brings me peace. I've been lucky enough to participate in conferences and special workshops, and hopefully another yoga retreat will be on the horizon again soon.

But I hadn't taken a class since I was about ready to give birth, and prenatal yoga and vinyasa yoga are two different things. I have been pressing myself to go back for a while now.

Despite having Ana Forest flashbacks with turbo dog and uddiyana banda (things we yogis love to hate), I participated in many poses my body had been craving for months (well, some of these I would never push myself to do at home!). To my surprise, many of these postures came back so easily:



Now there are so many more poses I want to get back into, and with dedication, I know I can do it. Full pigeon, here I come!

No comments: