Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Yet another eye opener



I can't believe my guy fits in his portable booster seat. This might not be very exciting to most of you, but I remember receiving this gift at my shower last September (thanks, Mule). I hadn't thought about it until Mom brought it up -- it's the perfect item to tuck into the trunk instead of one of our bulky high chairs. (Here he is in the contraption, strapped tightly to our cranky old desk chair.)

I just remember thinking back then it would be an item we wouldn't be using for a long time -- had I been thinking in years? Why? But now he's big enough for restaurant boosters, so why not this one? We dragged it out, scrubbed it down and it's ready to go.

Meanwhile, he's doing a lot of other things I hadn't anticipated so soon. He's figured out his nursery/crib sound and light machine (it's a rainforest theme in case anyone was dying to know). I was probably spending the 45-or-so seconds it takes to do my hair when I heard the music start up. I had put him in his crib while I finished getting ready, and he sat there with his toys, babbling away to himself (Da da da, ma ma ma, ba ba ba), and boom. There it was.



B.'s also broadened his menu. Avocados and bananas are among the top choices, probably because I stuff them in this gizmo and let him figure it out for himself. He ends up all sticky or green - or both. He hasn't figured out his pincer grasp, so chunks of food left on his tray basically just get smashed. He's getting there though.

Next week, I bet he'll be shaving.

6 comments:

The Zak Family said...

Oh, Big Ben! :) He is so cute! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow? It just floors me!

Anonymous said...

They get so big so fast. Enjoy every day. Those Giamos are also great for putting ice cubes in for the little one to chew on when those nasty teeth are causing problems. Daelan loved it.

pinkmorning said...

he is so cute! we also received that booster seat at a shower, i have heard all my mommy friends rant and rave about it...

Jess said...

It goes too quickly, doesn't it? My B will be 1 year next week. He was born about 3 days ago, I don't know how the heck it happened.

That booster seat rocks my socks. We use it at home and at grandma's. Saves so much room!

Josephine said...

I love this booster! It is so rad!

Steph said...

He is just too cute. And growing up so fast!!!
We have the same seat too, and I love it! Although Logan has now decided that he's too big for a booster seat. He wants to sit in the regular chairs. Argh...