Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Frickin' sweet

I had a yoga teacher yesterday who didn't fit the traditional mold.

Yes, she had a very soothing voice. Yes, she was lean, limber and helpful.

But she said words I don't think I've heard my yoga teacher say.

She said "frickin'." She said "awesome." She called people "dude." She said "shit." And she said "like," a lot. You know, like, how a teenager would talk to their, like, BFFs and stuff.

She was rad. I'm looking forward to taking her class again next week.

P.S. I also made progress with my handstand just two classes into my yoga reimmersion. I "floated" a little bit just a foot away from the wall after I kicked my legs up. I'm wanting to do it all the time now. I did one in our cafe at work, using the Coke machine as my safety net. I'm just glad nobody walked in. *blush*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent! I miss yoga.

JMMercier said...

Remeber the handstand you did at training camp? After we ran into your friend from the Denver Post in the elevator... HAHAHAHAHA