Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanks

Before I get all mushy talking about what I'm giving thanks for (first, my son; second, my husband; and third, my fantastic extended family. I love you all!), I wanted to share a terrific recipe for all of you who'll be making turkey. C. and I made Aunt Wanda's Turkey Carcass Soup about five years ago and with the frozen portions, we ate soup until spring that year!

And since I haven't gotten my rice pudding on, my brother recommended this recipe. I am going to make some now since it's a perfect day to fill the house with sweet smells and warmth from the kitchen. It began snowing last night, and I am thrilled we have Thanksgiving-style weather this year. My maternity leave couldn't have come at a better time of year.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I am counting the minutes til I get to go home (12 minutes!), or at least until I get to stop by Sam's for my contribution to tomorrow's feast! I too am thankful for the SNOW & cold weather. Hope you guys have a great Turkey Day!

Anonymous said...

I wish it would snow :(, but we're in Arizona, what am i thinking? lol. anyway happy thanksgiving!