Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

This Christmas

I am so jealous of everyone displaying their holiday lights and decorations. Little by little, my neighbors yards and windows are lighting up with holiday color.

My tree and decorations still are in the big red tote in the garage, under a zillion other things in the corner. It's also the same corner from which a black widow came crawling, so that's another reason I'm reluctant to go climbing through all the "rubble."

We won't be here for Christmas, yet I still feel a little odd about not having my tree up. It makes me smile to look at all our ornaments each year, especially the ones I've made. The old ones bring back memories. The twinkling lights make me want to sip on egg nog and listen to Christmas music.

But this year, I don't know that I'll have time or energy to do it. I hope I can forgive myself if I don't.

3 comments:

JMMercier said...

You gotta take it easy, mama! Just enjoy B and don't worry about the decorations. Next year...put them up, anchor all the breakable ornaments very well, and very high and tie the damn tree to the wall. Then, don't stress, when two minutes after you're done B toddles over and starts de-assembling your masterpiece.

Gina said...

Forgive yourself! The rest of us sure as heck can. You have other stuff to do right now. :)

Steph said...

No biggie! Just enjoy everyone else's decorations, and be glad that you won't have to go to the trouble to take them down in a few weeks.

We (especially Ciara) are hoping to get all our stuff up this weekend. Although I am a little (ok, a lot) concerned about Logan & the tree. He is into EVERYTHING. So of course I'm not going to put any ornaments where he can reach them, but I am sure he will try to pull the entire tree down. See what you have to look forward to next year?! Keep you posted on how it works out!