Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

He bites ... and meows

We're starting to see the little temper B. has sometimes. When I take him away from the litter box, or the cat food, or the water dish, or something equally dangerous or disgusting, he usually voices his opinion with a very angry little scream.

Just this week, he brought it to a new level. He bit me. On my chin. HARD. Then he started to giggle.

As far as milestones go, he's getting much more vocal. And daring. He has been standing with assistance for some time, but he's balancing on his own more often. He takes his hands away from any support, then gives me a sly look that just screams, "Look, Ma. No hands." Then he sloooowly squats down to reach the floor. Anything to save a thud onto his adorable butt.

We've been playing Signing Time for him daily, too. As I've said before, he can sign milk, but he also loves "dancing" to the music. I think "cat" will be his next sign.

He plays with his activity table and "meows" when the "K is for kitten" frame pops up. He also echoes our cats when they say something.

He's climbing our stairs with such enthusiasm and gets a twinkle in his eye when he realizes Dad or I am standing three or four steps down for support.

He licks rocks in our back yard. He chews books. He hates being dressed. He loves his baths. He spits out his food and laughs. His hair is getting unruly. He is so much fun, and I have to remember that when he drags me out of bed at 5 a.m. or is headstrong about taking a nap.

He's growing up so fast, I'm already in 1st birthday party planning mode. I'm not going overboard. I want to do a small gettogether with family and a few friends. All I really want is a happy B., a chocolate "smash" cake for just him and a fresh camera battery. Then I'll have a toddler. Sniffle.

P.S. In a funny food moment, I made beets for him this week. I washed, peeled, chopped, boiled and pureed them, along with some carrots I had in the crisper. There was red beet juice everywhere. It looked like a murder scene in the kitchen, and you should have seen the main suspect after chowing down. My hands were still stained from this afternoon of food prep, but he sure does love 'em!

1 comment:

The Zak Family said...

Wow, B. and Savanah are so much alike! She, too, has quite an attitude when she doesn't get her way. She has also attempted to bite. Unsuccessfully so far. *Whew* I wish we lived closer. They are STILL a match made in heaven! :-)