Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ghost town

I got off work at 1:30 tonight (well, Tuesday morning), and while driving home, I saw a stop light flashing red in all directions. It reminded me of what happens in smaller towns after 10 p.m.

I wish more traffic lights operated this way in Denver after a certain hour. But it doesn't happen this way very often in a big city.

Also on my way home, I spotted a trio of raccoons scurrying across the road from one storm sewer to another, scavenging for some tasty treats. The last one paused long enough to meet my gaze, then lumbered on.

Just one turn down the street, in my townhome complex, I happened upon a staredown. Two little rabbits were parked in front of a speed bump by my mail kiosk, and it took them a few seconds to realize a car was approaching. Just as soon as they noticed I was there, they darted off for safe cover.

I guess this is what happens when I come home even 30 minutes later than planned.

(Now, in my pajamas, curling my hand around a small shot of Sambuca, I'm headed back downstairs to unwind. I'll watch about 20 minutes of Se7en, then retire. Goodnight!)

2 comments:

Dyar Baby Momma said...

What's Mochi and where can I get some (craving on the right side...).

Too funny about all the critters out to play on your ride home.

Josephine said...

Mmmm...it's a bean/rice paste with a ball of ice cream in the middle. You can probably get it at a Japanese restaurant or food market.