Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Monday, October 23, 2006

I love this city

Two new reasons I like working at the new DNA/Rocky/Post building:

1. Walking into our newsroom's cafeteria in the late afternoon, I saw the most beautiful view of the Rocky Mountains. Twilight was near, and the snow-capped peaks lined the view behind the Denver City and County Building. Talk about purple mountain magesty.

2. Through the same floor-to-ceiling windows later that night, bright pink lights shone on the top of the City and County structure in honor of breast cancer month.

They were both glorious views, enough to make me take pause and forget (even for a second) the stress and hustle of work. Take a breath. Drink in the view. It also reminded me of the treat that is coming soon, when that same building will be smattered in holiday lights and other decorations. 'Tis the season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw i love that visual. Man I miss that place so much. I need to take a trip up that way. Ah. fun times. anyways, take care!!

Gina said...

Every year around this time, I miss the lights on the City and County Building. They really are wonderful.

Josephine said...

I'll have to snap a picture for you two. :-)

Scott said...

Hey! Post a photo of this here newfangled building so I can see it!!!

BTW: You look fabulous, baby! Just FAB-U-LOUS!!!!