Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Seasons collide

Fall met winter today, and there were signs everywhere.

First, this view out of our back yard shows the leafy tree bogged down with the weight of the overnight snow.

Later as I walked to work along Broadway, I stepped over slush and soggy leaves. Some where taupe, some bright golden, some red and a few green ones, not paying attention to the chilly temperature. I even saw some leaves that escaped the wet precipitation, crunching under my snow boots as I motored past the capitol.

But don't worry; I won't be freezing off my derriere. The forecast for the weekend? Upper-60s and clear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwww snowwww i want some, send some my way before it all melts!!

Gina said...

Ah, the early Colorado snow. Remember the blizzard in October '97? I trudged to work in my snow pants and ski goggles, and people were snowboarding on the hill at the capitol and making snowmen and angels at City-County. Good times! :)

Josephine said...

Oh, I remember it. I got my little Nissan stuck near Charlie Brown's. That sucked!