Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back in the saddle

C. and I are getting ready to go donate blood to Bonfils.

We were regular donors before I started having miscarriages and before we were deferred for a year because of one scuba diving trip far out in the bay off Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We were a malaria risk, they said.

So now that I'm completely healthy and we're both feeling well, we're definitely down to shuck some blood!

(We also get free long-sleeve T-shirts, too!)

2 comments:

Steph said...

I've always wanted to donate, but I have yet to find anyone who can catch my veins on the first, or second, or third try. And I'm just not up for that kind of fun! When I got induced with Logan it took about 6 tries, 2 nurses, and 1 hour to get my IV started. GAH!!!

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to donate too, but just never got around to it. I'm always afraid they're going to find some strange disease in me though. how awful huh lol. anyway hope you had fun, and glad you're back on track with the blood donating thing. whee!!