Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008

How did you ring in the new year? I guarantee you it wasn't as "wild" as mine.

After making plans of watching Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve and sipping champagne while the ball dropped, I wound up sleeping next to B.'s Pack 'n' Play by 11:15 p.m., snoring loud enough that C. could hear me downstairs on the baby monitor. I woke up an hour later, frantic that I had missed the ball, the toast and the kiss.

I sipped a little wine anyway, had the kiss and fell asleep again, rousing about 3 a.m. when B. was ready to eat again.

So there you have it. The New Years Eve of a new parent.

2 comments:

Twice the blessing, plus one said...

You did better than me...I was in bed snoring at 10 pm....I welcomed the sleep!
Happy New Year! I am glad that I got to "meet" you this year, it really helped me through the pregnancy. Looking forward to many more chats with you!

Steph said...

As usual, I was in bed by about 9:30 or 10:00. I did hear some fireworks going off at midnight though. Yes, I lead an interesting life!!!