Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Saturday, January 05, 2008

No respect

I just found out recently that C. was a victim of theft. And this personal attack seems worse to me than anything just anonymous.

A few months ago, he was working a valet parking event for his former employer. It was cold and one of the valets did not have a heavy coat, so C. produced his trusty blue Obermeyer jacket. "Wear this."

Well, he still is. After using the ski coat that evening, the guy left with it, quit his job the next day (more like "no call-no show") and has not been heard from ever since. C. tried calling the guy's cell phone, even had a coworker call his parents, and they had no idea of his whereabouts.

It's this sort of thing that just makes me so very angry. When did people stop caring about each other? Just when I see a flash of kindness in others, here comes someone to mess it all up. I know heaps of kindness still exist somewhere out there; I just hope I can experience more genuinely good souls than the dark kind that too often stand right next to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sad to say but that's how everything is these days. it may seem like something simple, but there is a bigger problem out there. i keep saying everyone was so afraid of the Y2K thing, but if you really look at it, there's more sh!t going on NOW than there was then. It's ridiculous.

I wish i could get away from everything going on over here. There's so much crap going on with my dad's family that it's almost unbearable. i wished so badly that we would have been able to go to Taos for Christmas because at least we would have been with people whoe actually gave a damn about us, but then all kinds of other stuff happened and we were left out of the festivities yet again.

i'm sorry this is such a whiny down note, i'm just trying to turn to someone who won't tell me to "get over it" like everyone else is. i hope you understand. take care love.