Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Seriously Motrin?

I tell you one brand name I won't be buying anytime soon - Motrin.

The company made this ad - which negatively portrays babywearing. It even pokes fun at the fact it can be a real "bonding experience." Seriously?

I loved wearing B. in a sling when he was little. He was relaxed, he napped, stayed warm and I was able to get even more one-on-one time with him. Now, I can wear him in a front carrier - not for too long, mind you, but I still do it from time to time. I can't believe a major company is trying to get moms to stop doing this.

It's bad enough some formula companies are trying to steer mothers away from breastfeeding.

As for Motrin, I'd really like to see them defend this one. If there's one thing I have learned, it is don't piss off a bunch of mommies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously? is the right reaction, wtf. Without those backaches, there would be no motrin needed lol. This is ridiculous. Take care :)

Amy Anderson said...

The good news is that Motrin listened to the outrage and pulled the ad.