Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dream weaver

In the past week, I've had the most odd dreams! Here's a sampling, and just in case you wondered, it's one of the symptoms of pregnancy.

1. A home invasion. C. and I were in our townhome, but there were "people" there watching us. They didn't hurt us, just terrified the crap out of me. So we were trying to create a diversion, find a way to get out of the house. Since they had turned out the power, I had this idea that we light some matches up close to the fire alarm and when the sprinklers went on, we'd magically escape through the back door. (We don't even HAVE sprinklers!) So there I was spending book after book of matches under the fire alarm since the ceiling fan kept blowing them out. Plus, the guy who smokes (C.) didn't have a lighter. Go figure. Well, I succeeded finally, and we ran out the back yard, and just then, I cried "HELP!! HELP!!" And that was out loud in real life, so I woke up C. in the process and he calmed me down and I went back to sleep!

Later, when I was explaining this dream to him, he kept finding holes in my story. It totally made sense in my head while it was going on, but who makes sense of dreams, anyway? For one, he said if we're trying not to call attention in the DARK, why would we be starting matches? If the power had been cut, how was the ceiling fan on, etc. Gee, thanks for the comfort. :-P

2. Food dreams. I've had more of these, but this one stands out. There was an old lady with her white hair tucked away in a bun, and she was wearing a frilly apron. She was making buttermilk biscuits, her hands and apron white and powdery with flour, her biscuit cutter moving swiftly across the dough. When the biscuits came out of the oven warm and flaky, then came the country gravy with sausage. It was one of the best food dreams I've had. Homemade country gravy and biscuits. YUM!

3. Cheating dreams. Either me on C. or, more often, him on me. This one was him cheating on me with a real person I know (a distant, distant friend of a friend). I obviously won't say who, but this person is 20 years his senior, has a gruff voice and almost reminds me of another person I've met called Butch. It is hilarious in retrospect. I found out C. had been sneaking out with said person to rendezvous in her minivan. Ew. This probably was partly because of our talk the other day about how he doesn't want to be a "minivan" family. Luckily, our soon-to-be family of three won't require a big passenger vehicle!

4. Another type of kidnapping/home invasion dream. This was just last night. I was being held captive in a one-room structure, with dirt floors, ants all around and a tiny little stove top. Out the window, I could see sagebrush for miles, and mountains in front of a gorgeous sunset with terrific colors. There was another girl with me, and just when we were ready to make our big escape (and me moving rather swiftly with a swollen belly), our captors were walking back across the field carrying two brown bags of groceries each. There was lettuce peeking over the top of one bag, oranges in another. Does this qualify as a food dream? Like we weren't leaving now that fresh produce was coming our way?!

Can't wait to see what my brain cooks up tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love dreams. If i could be a dream interpreter for life, I would be happy...is there such a profession? I could get lost in books about dream interpretation, one such that I think i need to check out from the library sometime soon again.

I had a dream one time that I had to move to tucson suddenly for some reason and I was packing my stuff and looking out my back window and door, and it was raining corn. not corn on the cobb or cream style corn...whole kernel. Matt was coming from the alley and dodging puddles of corn. it was pretty interesting!