Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Shoot, I forgot to buy that Prius

Six months ago, I was "complaining" about the price of gas at the nearby Pilot station.

Just last night, it was more expensive than the diesel price. "UNLEADED $3.079" was staring back at us in bright red letters. C. was asking me why gas has gone up so much in the past month. I say it's the season. Memorial Day is coming up, along with all those road trips.

Luckily, we have a Nissan that gets about 27 mpg and a Kia that averages 33 mpg. We did the math for our upcoming trip to Taos, N.M., and by driving the Kia, we'd save only four gallons over the length of the trip. That's a savings of about $12-$15.

C. and I are willing to pay that for the luxury of cruise control, power locks and power windows.

So what are you paying in your neck of the woods?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man we would KILL for a $3.07 gallon of gas. when we left yesterday for Tucson we filled up at $3.33. Yep. And who knows what it'll be when we get back on Tuesday, it seems to be going up a dime every or every-other day!

Gina said...

Gas prices vary from $2.82 to $2.89 per gallon at the Holland Tunnel entrance and exit in Jersey City. The average price in New Jersey is $2.86/gallon right now.

And they say everything's more expensive out here!

Josephine said...

No kidding! I'd love to pay that here!

Barbara said...

Two weeks ago we were at 2.79, then last week 2.89 and this week were at 2.99 until last night it jumped to 3.09! I can not believe its jumping 10 cents every week. It's crazy!

Gina said...

By the way, we're driving up to Montreal this weekend. I'll let you know about gas prices there. I have a feeling they're much higher.