Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Toilet humor

Warning: Pregnancy complaints ahead.

Every morning, I marvel at the capacity of the human bladder. After some cursory research, it's about one liter, give or take a few ounces. So with a growing uterus squishing my bladder and all the extra blood volume in my bod, it's no wonder I feel like I have about five times that amount when I awake in the night, sometimes four times, and stumble toward the toilet. Is it mother nature's cruel little joke of getting us "used" to the overnight feedings? That's one theory.

I just want my sleep.

4 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

What amazes me is that I don't drink or eat anything after 6pm, yet I'm up peeing gallons all night long. I go at least twice before bed and then every two hours after that. It's insane! Where's it all coming from? I feel like I should be shriveling up like a raisin.

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't doubt that all the peeing is basically "boot camp" for the overnight feedings and whatnot. haha.

Anonymous said...

You will get your sleep in eighteen years!hehehe ;) No wait a minute. Mine are 19 & 22 and I still worry about'em. Ahhh, the job of a parent!

Josephine said...

HA! Amy, hoo boy, I drink water all the way up until I go to sleep. Guess I'm glad (?) to hear that's not the cause?!!

Barb, my cousin also said my house will be clean again ... someday.