Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Only the shadow knows

Here's a different take on the belly photo.



C. and I drove up to the high country yesterday to take in the sights of autumn. We saw snow on our hike near Echo Lake. This next shot is from the west side of the Eisenhower Tunnel. We drove up into Silverthorne to hit the factory shops, but the altitude might have been a bit much for me.



We also saw a few aspen along the way, this photo taken from our moving car. Sadly, I think we might have missed the beautiful reds and oranges on the leaves that sometimes flutter in the breeze. Maybe next year.



The crisp air in Idaho Springs was perfect for me. A woman at the Sinclair station in town told me it was gray and blowing snow around 8 a.m. that day. But as you can tell, the sky was a deep blue by the time we arrived in the afternoon.

C. was wishing for a heavier jacket. But since I'm my own personal heater, 50 degrees was no sweat!

No comments: