Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Saturday, April 26, 2008

P-town

B.'s getting his first real trip to Pueblo tomorrow.

We did stop and feed him in the parking lot at Carl's Jr. on the way to New Mexico, but this is a real get-to-know-you kind of trip.

It's also the first time I've really visited in about 2 years. Seems like forever ago that I lived there. One thing I miss tremendously is the loft. Here's a list I thought I'd never make.

Things I miss about P-town:
  • Our 1 bedroom, 1 bath loft. Hardwood floors. Granite countertops. Mexican tile in the kitchen. Absolutely no storage space, insulation, efficiency or privacy, but oh, so cozy.
  • My yoga school. My yoga teacher. My yoga peeps. Doing newsletters and desktop-publishing-type things in trade for lessons. I used to be so flexible. I can't even do the splits any more.
  • The newspaper and its free parking lot.
  • The bowling alleys.
  • Poker Sundays. A group of us would rotate houses each Sunday and get together for a night of dealer-calls-it games. Nickel, dime and quarter antes. Three-raise maximum. Pizza and beer. Good times.
  • The riverwalk. The historic district where we lived. All the cute shops and restaurants nearby.
  • The library.
  • The heat!
  • Cheap beer at Smitty's Green Light. Red's Alibi (where I met C.). Prime Time. Great sushi and tempura at Suehiro. Pizza at Rosario's and Do Drop Inn. Italian sausage sandwiches at Pass Key. Schooners at Gus' and Eilers. Roasted green chile in the fall. A big, messy slopper (Mexican hamburger).
  • The Colorado State Fair and the free parking passes and press credentials everyone at the newspaper received.
  • The proximity to Taos, N.M. and my family there. It was a 2-hour, 45-minute drive. Heck, it was 4 hours to Albuquerque.
  • My phone number. 544-7888. Easy.
  • Last but not least, my friends and former colleagues.
That's all I can think of on my list for now, but I'm sure I could at least double it if I wanted.

4 comments:

Steph said...

You make it sound like the best place to live! In all fairness, I don't think I've ever been there - aside from driving through!

pinkmorning said...

isn't it funny what you miss when you leave a place that is familiar to you? i love B's new trick by the way, he is so darn cute!

Unknown said...

my trip to San Jose, CA this weekend reminded me a lot of Denver and it just made me miss it that much more. Sometimes I think I dwell on that and that it gets old for people to hear my constantly refer back to Denver, but sometimes they just don't know. Anyway take care.

Anonymous said...

Have a fun trip! Sounds great.

And when you have time - tag, your turn.
http://www.dyarfamily.com/babyfoodblog/archives/220