Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Another "brown" cloud

While I was getting ready for work today, I noticed how HOT it was outside. We've had temps in the 90s the past few days to bring an end to spring, and yesterday, making the 0.6-mile walk to my car was brutal.

So with the sun blazing outside, I rifled through my limited wardrobe with extra care, got dressed and headed out the door, equipped with a 32-ounce Nalgene bottle with ice water. But what waited for me at Vasquez Boulevard and Interstate 70 was ominous.

A sandstorm, if you will, had whipped up in the area, like a dense fog leaving motorists creeping along, not sure what waited on the other side. After pulling out of it, the blue sky reappeared and tiny dirt devils whipped up adjacent to the highway. Denver's know for it's brown cloud -- a very ugly, stinky smog layer that blankets the city in the winter.

But this one was a little bit different. There to remind us that weather in Denver is never dull.

No comments: