Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Doctor's orders

I was at Petsmart today buying our glorious cats some supplies: cat food and cat litter. I lifted the Iams bag into the cart myself, but when an employee was walking past the litter aisle, I asked him kindly to put the litter in the basket. He did with a big smile on his face, and I felt better about saving my strength and not pulling something. (My round ligaments still hurt when I sneeze.)

When I was checking out, the cashier asked if I would like help out today. When I said "Yes", she looked at me like I had a third eye.

"I'm sorry?" she said.

I guess people rarely ask for help anymore.

5 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

The same thing happened to me at Safeway the other day. I had the stocker help me put a case of water on my cart, but when I checked out they asked if I needed help and I said yes and she looked at me like I was crazy! She was like, "Oh. Then I'm going to have to page someone." Well, then why'd you ask??!!

Anonymous said...

lol I'm Sorry? what the heck. she asked! anyways good good you're taking it easy and whatnot, that's what we like to hear!! hah, take care.

Josephine said...

That just goes to show people never really listen to each other anymore.

Steph said...

Yes, that's one of those "programmed" phrases. I also took them up when I was preg...and once since then (the wind was blowing horribly and I wanted to get my babe in the car ASAP!!!). I have found that Safeway is the BEST about helping out...not so much at K.S.

Steph Williams

Josephine said...

SW--Thanks for the grocery tip. I'll remember that. But I have to make the Sam's Club haul...probably Tuesday. That's going to stink!