Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, June 01, 2007

Belly movement update

OK, after Sunday's post, I haven't felt anything else.

But here is how it went down. I was taking a little walking break with a coworker, and about five paces away from the lobby door to the street, I felt a huge whack on the inside of my belly button.

One kick, punch, stretch. That was it. I explained the feeling to someone, and they discounted it as gas. I've never had gas that felt like that (and was so short-lived..haha). Anyway, after being stopped in my tracks, I waited about 15 seconds and still no movement. I waited all night. Went home and laid still, again, waiting. Still five days later, nothing. I guess I have to be patient.

My nurse practitioner said I should be feeling movement at about 20-22 weeks, and I just passed the 18-week mark yesterday. Still, I made notes of the "movement" and hopefully I'll know what it really feels like soon!

In another weird feeling last week, I felt a silly "ripping" sensation on my tummy. I thought I sprouted my first stretch mark (lovely), but when I got home I didn't see anything (and still no signs of the pesky little buggers). Ladies, it felt like a nylon run. Imagine a big rip in your pantyhose, running up your leg. That's what I felt on my stomach. Weird, I know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gas lol. riggghhhttt. you got a live gas bubble in there alright! haha. Anyway, I was hopin to see you guys for the graduation this next weekend, but It looks like we have no way of getting there so :( blah. hah that's the way life goes, no? anyways, take care!!

Anonymous said...

and if you have any questions regarding why lol, read my last diary entry for details....grr!