Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Whew

Well, after suffering from way too many Braxton Hicks contractions yesterday, I decided to elevate my feet and watch TV last night. I even took a nap!

I think the contractions were a way of telling me to slow down. After going to yoga yesterday from 12:30 to 2 p.m., I picked up C. at Prima, we went to the Cherry Creek mall to pick up an ink refill for his space pen, then headed for the Greek festival. We ate fried calamari, gyros, Greek fries and baklava, and listened to live Greek music. It was so freakin' hot there that we decided to split.

After dropping him back off at work, I drove to Old Navy to see if they had any outrageously cheap items on clearance. Nope. I decided to park the car near the new outdoor shopping mall at Northfield; it's basically situated on the old runways of the former Stapleton International Airport. I'm really excited about this shopping center because they have good restaurants, a Super Target and lots of cool little shops in between (including Bass Pro Shops from a previous post). I hadn't marched around to see exactly what cool shops those were until yesterday, so I may have been pushing it.

But I was drinking from my water bottle the entire time. I even sat in a Brookstone massage chair for 15 minutes to rest. I hadn't realized my feet were so swollen until I tried on a pair of flip flops. I could barely squeeze my tooties into them! I figured one last stop at the Cold Stone would suffice, but I got surprised with a contraction, then another about 10 minutes later. While indulging in my ice cream bowl, I had yet another one on my way to the car. That was it. I got home and that is where I've been since last night.

But today, I don't think I've had one, and I'm on my way to pack a lunch and head to work. But believe me, if I start having them at work, I'm going to drive my achy butt home to do some more self-imposed bed rest.

P.S. I had fun updating the code on my blog today. It's much easier this way, but a lot of the pesky html code I had in place before was deleted, and it took me way too long to figure out how to keep the pregnancy ticker at the top of the page, then to add a link to the baby pool to the right. And this was all done for you. ;-)

3 comments:

pinkmorning said...

i'm on some self-imposed bed rest myself, not because of pregnancy, just pain in my stomach. two lortabs and a fluffy, soft blanket for me. yes, you can link me. i linked you. i hope that is okay...

Anonymous said...

"...I do html for them all!" hah. well dagnabbit slow your butt down, you don't have to do everything in one day (a la grandma! hah) take care!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey you! I enjoy reading your blog! But I enjoy seeing your growing belly several times a week! :) The crabber and the fishy are cute!