Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dreading Monday

Guess I haven't had a whole lot to say this week, but that doesn't mean things have been mellow around here.

For starters, I failed my blood glucose screen Tuesday. This is not a big deal. The only downer about it is I have to repeat the test tomorrow. And it's a three-hour test! I know I'll be taking a fully-charged iPod, lots of yarn and my crochet hook to keep me company while I sit in the lab from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The other big downer is it's a fasting test. I can't eat after getting home tonight, and I won't be able to eat anything until the test is complete. Asking a pregnant woman not to eat for over 12 hours is a bit ridiculous in my book. Why can't they come up with a more reliable first test? So many women I know have failed the first test to find out they're A-OK after the torturous three-hour screen.

But wait. The cherry on top of the whole day tomorrow is after I probably knock over some poor soul and steal their lunch after leaving the lab (or equally worse, drive through McDonald's), I have to go to the dentist for a cleaning.

Can it get any better? Actually, yes. C. is off tomorrow, also, and we've got plans to start working on the nursery. I'm sure we will hit the bulk of it Tuesday, but I think I've hit the nesting period and I want that crib set up, like, last week. We also have two new Netflix rentals, lots of popcorn and an entire evening to relax. Can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think! 24 hours from now you will be kicked back, watching a great movie, sharing popcorn... maybe still picking the rest of someone else's Big Mac from your clothing because of your food fight!

Let us know about the test results. Best wishes...

Sharon - Pinks & Blues

Anonymous said...

seriously? you're right they need to come up with a more reliable test. bah! anyway take care, hope everything comes out good, buhbye!!