Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, August 10, 2007

Little ol' me

I had a friend ask about me tonight. Not the baby. Not the weather. Not work.

Me.

A few weeks ago, I began to grow tired of the constant pregnancy questions. People greet me with "How are you feeling?" And it's a sympathetic question. "How is the baby?" That one is all excitement. I realize these are all great questions, but when I field many of the same questions every day, it wears on me a bit. At one point, I wondered if anyone could think about anything but this pregnancy.

G. is planning a wedding and told me it's the same with her. People ask about the plans. The dress. The details. Then I realized I am so guilty of this, too.

In an effort to talk about what's new and current, I inevitably fall back on that. I did it with another friend today who also is planning a wedding.

But what I remembered is my friends and I are not just interested in each other's lives. We're not just consumed with what's happening now. We genuinely care about each other. And how we are feeling. How we are doing. How we are living.


Sure, I'm pregnant. Sure, she's planning a wedding. But a year from now, I won't be pregnant and she won't be planning a wedding. I'm positive we'll have plenty to talk about then.

P.S. And if you worry that I'm the least bit thrilled with my pregnancy and my baby, don't. I am doing cartwheels (in my head)! Every time I feel movement, I smile to myself. This is something I have wanted for as long as I can remember, and I simply cannot wait to be a parent!!

No comments: