Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Update

I passed my glucose screening! So I don't have to give up ice cream and juice after all!

The seen
During said glucose screening -- where I finished a crochet handbag for a shower hostess and a crochet pot holder for someone else and listened to two podcasts of NPR's Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me! -- I saw lots of colorful people.

The most touching moment by far was an elderly couple who checked in at the lab's desk at Kaiser then sat in two chairs across from me, waiting for their name to be called. After the woman went back to have blood drawn, she came back out, her husband steadying her back into her chair in the waiting room.

They waited about five minutes, him asking how she was doing. After the dizziness or unsteadiness passed, he stood up, helped her up and as they walked arm in arm out the door, I saw her raise her wrinkled had to rub tiny circles on his back. An endearing "Thank you" to the man she has loved for so long. Sniffle!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Ice cream is sooo good. Too bad I can't eat it that often. Stupid lactose intolerance! BLAH! Hey, this might be a weird question, but do you remember that Migraine med you gave me that one time we were in Taos? GAH! I have been trying to remember the name of it. I need to look into something for these dang 'graines.

Anyway, that's just utterly adoreable. I love seeing old couples holding hands or hugging and stuff. It's so cute! I hope one day my husband and I will be old and wrinkled like that and still love each other as much as we did the day we met. how cute!!! Take care!

Amy Anderson said...

So glad you passed!

Twice the blessing, plus one said...

Yeah I am so excited for you!!! Woo-hoo...ice cream here I come!