Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Catching up

Greetings! After a rather busy weekend and another couple of days filled with baby-related tasks, I figured it was OK for me to play with my blog at last.



This was the mound of presents from the baby shower Saturday. I have finished my thank-you cards and have unpacked everything. I even assembled the stroller last night (it was easy and I didn't do any lifting, but thanks for asking *blush*). But when I entered the nursery Monday, this is what I saw. So now, an equally messy view greets me when I open the door, but there is some method to my madness. For now, I have all the clothes sorted into piles by size, that way I can determine what we have too much/not enough of. We got quite a wide variety of great things. This is certain to be one well-dressed baby!

On the "me" front, I've been swimming a couple of times since last week, and I'm really enjoying the workout. In fact, I would have gone this morning, but the bod is moving a little bit slower this morning. Plus, I was counting on a little cat nap before I head to work.

I'm really enjoying the fall-ish weather, but it's going to be a sort of hot one today. By next week though, there will be no question as to what season we'll be in. This is great for me, since it has been one hot summer. My flowers are looking great (inside and out)!

Since there's no rhyme or reason to this entry, I'll end with this:

THE SEEN

A cow, yes, a cow, standing on the front lawn of a house on York Street. It was just a lawn ornament but a rather large one at that. It looked a bit smaller than a real cow, not that I've seen lots of real cows up close in my lifetime. I think it might have been from a promotional deal going on this summer when celebs painted cows, and then they were auctioned off. I can't quite remember what it was for, but I actually have a cow lapel pin from the same thing. Perhaps this homeowner was a lucky winner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such a lovely array of gifts!! I loved the pics as well. Aww i so wish we could have gone! Dang. but anyway looks like you all had fun. Take care!!