Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hiccup!

After a minor freakout, I realized everything is just fine.

I was just lying in bed talking to C. before he fell asleep, and we were talking about the baby. I told him how much I love feeling him move, walking around with him all day, spending time with him whenever I want. This is the one thing I'll miss about being pregnant.

After C. dozed off, I thought to myself that I didn't remember the little guy moving since about 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Just then, I started pushing on my stomach, feeling a little heel, or perhaps a shoulder down low. Nothing. I laid still. Nothing. I took a giant swig of cold water. Nothing.

Then, a move! I checked my watch. 12:37 a.m. Let the kick count begin.

But this wasn't kicking. It was a dose of hiccups. And he had them for eight minutes! Just then I giggled to myself. While I'm on the outside smiling, thanking him for the little cue that everything is OK, I imagined him having a lazy day inside, waking up long enough just to have mom give him the hiccups!

P.S. And as I write this, he's doing his own variation on the crocodile death roll, giving me a cramp or two in the process. He's probably just getting me back for waking him.

1 comment:

Teesa69 said...

Isn't it sooo cool to feel all that movement, even the hiccups! Wow 8 minutes of hiccups? I too will miss feeling all this movement but will be glad to have my little boy in my arms!