Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Screech!

That's what my body finally did last night after a full day on the town (Cherry Creek mall, 16th Street Mall, The Taste of Colorado, etc.)...it came to a screeching halt and I couldn't do anything about it.

Lest you worry, I heeded the message and rested, drank water and went to sleep. I have many ideas for posts, but I've been going non-stop since last weekend. For now, here is one small tidbit.

THE SEEN

Driving back to work last week, I slowed to a stop at 13th and Lincoln. Just then, I was distracted by a person standing a little too close to the curb. Then I couldn't take my eyes off him. He literally was the man in black.

Black, shiny cowboy boots, black slacks, black shirt and tie, black shades and, just like the real Man In Black, he was puffing on a cigarette, looking a little too cool as he exhaled a stream of smoke into the air alongside the ribbon of white smoke trailing upward from his Marlboro. All that was separating us was my car window, him standing about 3 feet away from my vehicle. I took another head-to-toe glance, and then I was startled back to reality by the person driving behind me.

HONK HONK!! The light had turned green.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to wonder where you'd run off to! But glad to see you're doing well, and that you're listening to your body when it says it needs a break! hah.

one of those things you never thought you'd see huh? Wow. I'm sure I would have had the same reaction. Rude drivers, them who honk when the light turns green...actually i have done that too. Or I just run red lights in downtown. hah! Oh the joys. anyway, take care!!