Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Useless

That is exactly how I felt today on my first day of complete bed rest. For the time being, I can only get up to use the bathroom, eat or shower.

No exercise. No lifting. Limited walking. Limited stair-climbing. Nothing.

And while C. buzzed around doing everything I needed, I felt guilty. Yes, I know this is what I'm supposed to be doing, the nurse in the labor and delivery triage at St. Joseph's hospital told me so. So after a couple hours spent in the hospital Sunday night just to find out everything is fine and dandy (except for my frequency of contractions), I get the status report from Dr. B. tomorrow.

But tonight as I walked up the stairs to get ready for bed, I thanked C. for everything he did today -- grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning -- and said I was sorry I couldn't help at all, he said all I needed to hear . . .

"You're busy growing a baby."

Yessir, and I'd like to keep doing that for at least another 2-3 weeks.