Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Weekend update

Another weekend at a wedding, another weekend of belly rubs and pats.

Good news, though: I have yet to have a belly-rubber offend me. The word out there is if that comes to pass, I should reach right out and rub the belly of the offender. See if they like it (sadly, they probably would)!

In other news, I wasn't feeling well to end the week. I had lots of cramping, more contractions and decided to take a day off sick Thursday. I couldn't stand up for longer than 20 minutes at a time without feeling the pain, so I stayed home on the couch, knitting another blanket for Junior (this one is a log-cabin throw made of cotton) and watching TV, mostly tennis.

I had to strategically plan my 20-minute bursts with meaningful tasks: bathroom breaks, beverage refills, snack preparation, a little e-mail and sometimes a chore or two (but nothing too serious). I had C. do all the heavy lifting (laundry baskets, ironing board, even watering the flowers and running an errand to REI for los novios), and all without protest (as it should be!).

Luckily, I made it through, rested and ready for my busy weekend.

6 comments:

MomOf4 said...

I had to check out your blog addiction result! :) Thank you for checking out my blog. I will be back here to see how you are doing. Good luck with your pregnancy!

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I had one...cousin or great uncle's niece or something rub my belly when passing through the line offering their condolences for the loss of my grandmother two years ago....so...yeah don't feel offended because you actually have an excuse haha!!

Anonymous said...

Josephine- I actually am beginning to enjoy the belly rubs, especially when the little ones kick them back. I like their surprised faces when they get 4 feet of kicks!

I enjoy reading your Blog....hopefully I will start one soon, to keep in contact.

BTW- I saw that your craving is enchiladas- You know what I want? I want to go to the Hollywest....and eat a Tacorito! YUMM-O

Gina said...

Don't knit too many blankets ... *wink*

Josephine said...

Danceflower: You just reminded me that I have some of Dad's enchilada sauce frozen in our garage. All I need are some onions and corn tortillas, then I'll be in business! But a Tacorito sounds really good too!

G: My stamina is already waning! :o)